When I’m on the go and haven’t prepared a meal a meal to take with me, Wendy’s is one of my favorite spots to pick-up a low-carb and keto-friendly meal. I may be biased because I worked at a Wendy’s when I was in high school, but I feel as though there are some great options that won’t ruin your progress with keto. As always, eating fast food is not ideal, but when you have options available, it makes the lifestyle so much easier to maintain.
For the most part, low-carbing at Wendy’s is pretty standard. You will basically order a sandwich without the bun or get a salad. When I ask for “no bun please,” the workers will generally give you the bun-less sandwich with the toppings on the side in a dish with a fork and knife. It’s pretty convenient! Sometimes, they even put in big lettuce leaves to “wrap” the sandwich in.
* Values below are based on nutrition information from Wendy’s. Values may differ, use your best judgement.
- Jr. Hamburger patty, plain with no bun (120 calories, 8g fat, 0g carbs, 10g protein)
- Single Hamburger patty, plain with no bun (240 calories, 16g fat, 0g carbs, 18g protein)
- Grilled Chicken Breast, plain with no bun (130 calories, 1.5g fat, 3g carbs, 27g protein)
- Applewood Smoked Bacon, 1 strip (20 calories, 1.5g fat, og carbs, 2g protein)
Toppings & Condiments
- American Cheese, 1 slice (40 calories, 3.5g fat, 1g carbs, 2g protein)
- Cheddar Cheese, 1 slice (80 calories, 6g fat, 0g carbs, 5g protein)
- Asiago Cheese, 1 slice (50 calories, 4g fat, 1g carbs, 3g protein)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (70 calories, 6g fat, 1g carbs, 4g protein)
- Mayonnaise (50 calories, 5g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein)
- Mustard (5 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein)
- Ketchup (10 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 0g protein)
- Cheddar Cheese Sauce (2o calories, 1.5g fat, 1g carbs, 1g protein)
- Pickles (3), Red Onion (2 rings), or Iceberg Lettuce (0 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein)
- Tomato (1 slice) or Spring Mix (5 calories, 0g fat, 1g carb, 0g protein)
- Tartar Sauce (110 calories, 12g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein)
CLICK NEXT PAGE TO CONTINUE …